Where are we located?
The Atlanta Friends Meeting meetinghouse is located at 701
West Howard Avenue, Decatur, Georgia 30030, at western edge
Decatur, approximately 5 miles east of Five Points in downtown
[View area map]
By public transportation:
We are a five-minute walk east of the East Lake MARTA station, E5 on the East Line. Exit the station by walking north over DeKalb (not College) Avenue on the pedestrian bridge, then proceed east along the sidewalk. The road (which soon changes names from DeKalb to Howard) should be on your right. You will cross Paden Circle, then Melrose, Drexel and Lansdowne Avenues before you get to the Meetinghouse.
The Meetinghouse is at the corner of West Howard and Adair, the seven-mile mark on PATH's Stone Mountain Trail. You can park your bicycle in the courtyard behind the Meetinghouse, accessible from the near end of the parking lot.
By car: [or
get directions by google map...]
From I-75 and I-20 west of Atlanta
- Take I-75/85 to Exit 248C, Freedom Parkway.
- Continue on Freedom Parkway; at the fork, bear to the left, GA-10.
- Freedom Parkway ends in 2.3 miles at Ponce de Leon Ave; turn right and follow towards Decatur for 2.8 miles.
- At the traffic light immediately after the arched railroad trestle, bear to the right on W. Ponce de Leon, going 0.4 miles.
- Turn right onto Adair St, going 0.4 miles till it ends at Howard Avenue. The Meeting House is on the right.
- Take I-20 west towards Atlanta.
- At Exit 65 bear right onto Candler Road; go about 4.5 miles.
- Turn left onto E. College Ave, go 0.2 miles to the first light.
- Turn right onto McDonough, crossing the railroad tracks, and an immediate left onto W. Howard Ave.
- The Atlanta Friends Meeting House is on the right in 0.6 miles.
- Take I-85 to Exit 91, Clairmont Road.
- Turn left (south) onto Clairmont, going 4.9 miles into Decatur.
- Turn right onto Commerce Drive, going 0.7 miles.
- Turn right as Commerce Dr ends, onto W. Howard Ave.
- The Meeting House is on the right in 0.4 miles.
Our parking lot accommodates about 50 cars. On Sundays, parking is permitted on both sides of Howard Avenue.